Golden urn

The Baroque-style golden urn, which can be seen at the back of the cell where the wedding ring, is placed, was donated by the Malaspina noble family of Ascoli Piceno; it contained the body of Saint Rita from 1745 to 1930 and was brought here from the old church of the monastery; the crown and the monastic habit, which can be seen inside the urn, were previously on the body of the saint.

The room next to the cell containing the wedding ring is the frugal and narrow cell of Saint Rita, with the wooden sarcophagus, the so-called “solemn case”, which contained the body of the saint after her death, until 1745.

back